Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ta' Mena part deu

I was trying to get the baby goat to come a bit closer so I could pet it, I used a bit of bribery in the form of cactus leaves.


We took my husbands Aunt and Uncle to Ta'Mena Estate when we were visiting Gozo a few weeks ago. I was so pleased that we finally got a chance to see the baby goats and explore a bit more. We went up to see all the crazy farm animals of course the dogs led the way. We even ran into Grandpa picking olives, he is in his 80's and still working hard, amazing!!! We couldn't leave with out buying a fab bottle of wine, and their delicious sun dried tomato paste which is to die for it's so yummy!!! I think we are addicted to it. Not sure what we are going to do when we leave Malta!

That is one thing I have really been enjoying since living in Malta all of the incredible fresh produce. I've been cooking a lot of Mediterranean inspired dishes, last night I made a tasty Sicilian fish stew. I can't get enough of the tomatoes and olive oil, it's been such a treat. I do have to be careful not to go crazy with the pasta, because everyone knows what happens when you eat too much pasta!!! Not a pretty sight. I have found a tasty gluten free alternative which is pretty similar to the original thing.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Mim, I see how creative our Precious One is as He takes every opportunity to show how intimately He knows us!! Look at that!! He knows the precious gift He has made you into and He uses even a little cuppa to show you His Love!!
    And then we that are watching, get to feel all warm and cozy coz He gave you to each other!! Isn't it amazing?? And you know what? He will keep on showing His LOVE for you thru each other for as long as you live!! I know: I'm a Jesaholic but I do see things more and more thru His Eyes!! He'll keep on sneaking up on you: BOO!!
    You know from this how VERY MUCH I LOVE YOU TWO!! Isn't it fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's Aunty Berry, it sure is fun!!!

    ReplyDelete