Monday, September 27, 2010

Journey through the Wicklow Mountains... ahem...hills

As you can see it was a gorgeous day for a trip through the Wicklow Mountains. Hard to believe that all this amazing beauty is only 15 minute drive outside of Dublin. This is where all the water for Guinness comes from!
 
Taking pictures of the heather. Had to make a special stop for it, very important to get photos of this.

Stunning, the views are unbelievable. It's a gorgeous drive, and if anyone other than my adorable husband is driving I can imagine it would be relaxing.... To me the Wicklow Mountains seem more like hills, I know that this is mainly because of my Swiss heritage, It makes me a little teeny bit biased as to what is a mountain opposed to a hill... (hope I haven't offended too many Dubliners with my opinions) Regardless it's one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen and would recommend everyone to come and see it for themselves. You know when you hear words like bog, peat, bracken, grouse, heather....for years, and you read about them in lots of stories like Sherlock Holmes for example... but having grown up in Hawaii I just didn't have any point of reference for all of that,  seeing it for yourself is fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. Actually amazing pics--and stunning scenery--

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky in these photos is so BLUE! Picture postcard, every one of them.
    And I know what you mean about "mountains" ...Illinois is so flat...people around here go up a sloped driveway and they think it's a climb!

    ReplyDelete